[ian-reeds-games] Craig's Transport scripts

  • From: Richard Claridge <richard.claridge68@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 16:14:11 +0100

Hi Craig.
I've been having a good look at your transport scripts and I am either
doing something wrong or there are a few bugs and odd things going on.
The initial transport script to turn a unit into a transport seems to
work great. when I try to force another unit to enter it without
activating the script it won't allow it but when I do it after
performing that skill then it works fine.
However I am either doing something wrong or there is a problem with
the loading script, it seems to be ignoring my maximum capacity
limits. It keeps taking units onboard regardless of how many it is
supposed to be allowed to carry.
here is the line, tell me if I have written something wrong which I
believe is possible as I didn't know if i was supposed to use brackets
or quotes or what.
after_perform=add_transport_capabilities@ { capacity: 6 }
This is the line in the enable transport skill where the capacity
argument goes and as I say it just keeps filling regardless of the 6
unit limit.
Secondly, after filling my unit with units, then dropping them off
somewhere, I went back to collect some more units. This was fine, it
took them on board as expected, but when it unloaded them, it unloaded
loads of units, I think it was unloading all the first lot it took and
the second lot as well even though it had already unloaded the first
group.
Finally a couple of questions and suggestions.
Is it possible to have the transporter unit indicate how many units it
has aboard it. I ask this because I loaded some up one turn then went
to load more the next turn and couldn't remember how many were already
on the transport.
I'm sure I thought of something else but I can't remember what.
Thanks and I hope my ramblings have made some sort of sense.
This script is awsome though even if I can't quite get the hang of it yet.
Richard