[ian-reeds-games] Re: Craig...

  • From: "Craig Brett" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "craigbrett17@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 19:27:12 +0100

Hi Allan,

No, you've not mentioned this before.

You've probably already checked this, but you've not got transform_keeps_points set to false in the skill or effect have you? That would regenerate the point. Otherwise, when you transform a unit, it should have the same point ratios compared to the new unit's point_max. So if your medic goes down to 10 health and transforms, the shielded medic should also have 10 health. As long as they are the same point.

Just an idea, nothing's jumping out at me as the obvious reason for this.

Thanks for the heads up,

Craig

On 22/09/2014 01:00, Allan Thompson wrote:
Hi Craig,
I don't know if I mentioned this.if I have forgive me and ignore.
I am messing around with shielded units. They work  real good, by using the
transform scripts.
The only problem is when the unit changes from one  unit to another, the
health points are all healed back up.

Ok, let me explain.

I have a shielded medic. She gets clobbered, and her shield drops.
This causes her to transform into the unshielded medic.
While she is unshielded, she has some energy that  regenerates that allows
her to turn the shield back on to full, which works well.

The problem is that , when she uses the energy, gets shielded, thus
transforming into the shielded medic.and she gets clobbered again, loses her
shield.
When she is transformed into the unshielded medic, her health is full, as if
she was not damaged.

I hope that made some kind of sense. With several units that can transform
back and forth at will, it is like a free heal in other words.
Thanks,
al

"The truth will make you free"
Jesus Christ of Nazareth 33AD