[ian-reeds-games] Command and Conquer

  • From: Craig Brett <craigbrett17@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 21:04:42 -0500 (EST)

Hi all!

No, I've not forgotten what list this is, it's just the theme of my latest hairbrained scheme. Did anyone ever play or hear of the Command and Conquer RTS series? Specifically Red Alert?

Well, I've started work on applying units and stuff from that universe into TB. This was also to perhaps look into how multiplayer might play out in its early stages. An early proof of concept is ready already, minus sounds, you can get it here:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5405418/Command%20and%20Conquer%20Red%20Alert.zip

I don't expect the AI to be great in these kinds of scenarios as is, not without more flags, this would be more to show how multiplayer base building style maps might play out. At the moment, I've only really put in the infantry building buildings and 2 types of infantry per army. But I'll keep chipping away at it.

I was tempted to release my scripts (well, script and a little test script), but there's no documentation and the only cool thing jiggers up the AI as is (having skills toggle teams). I could probably work some script magic on these temporary terrains thing if there was an event I could bind to on turn end. Since these would be temporary, though. I'd need a way to unregister unnecessary events too, I'm guessing that is done similarly to normal javascript, Ian?

I know I've slowed down a little, things have been a little busy here, but I'm still checking back every day or two. Keep up the good work all.

Craig