[ian-reeds-games] Re: [Audyssey] frustrated with items and equipment example map

  • From: Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Gamers Discussion list <gamers@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 13:47:34 -0400

tacticle battle 2.0 from www.blindaudiogames.com

On 10/17/2014 1:32 PM, Bryan Peterson wrote:
What game is this?

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
-----Original Message----- From: Josh Kennedy
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2014 11:28 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list ; ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Audyssey] frustrated with items and equipment example map

well I got the ogre down to 14 health and then I was defeated so far on
average I can get it down to 47 or 45 health but I ultimately end up dying.
first I move over one square and take the bow and the scroll of flying.
then i go a few rounds and then attack once or twice with the bow before
I move two spaces right and take the healing potions, the vest which I
equip, the sword and the scroll of fire pillar. Then go 2 or 3 more
rounds, hit ogre with the bow once or twice, then when I know he's
getting 3 or 4 squares away I set up the fire pillar and end my round.
and then equip the long sword. end round, ogre punches, i lose 20 or so
health. use one potion, hit once with sword, round changes, and it goes
like that until I run out of potions. during the last round I strike two
times with the sword get the ogre down to maybe 45 health once got him
down to 14 and then I end up dying or losing. Even if I move two spaces
the ogre just catches up and moving has no effect. what am I doing wrong
here? I feel I'm missing one critical part of the strategy which is not
falling into place in my head. please give me a hint or help with what I
am doing wrong. I'll paste the log.
log is below
 the good Hero , Valley 4 1
Ending turn
Turn changed: The forces of evil
 the evil Ogre at 4 2 uses Attack on  the good Hero at 4 1
 the good Hero loses 16 health
 the evil Ogre at 4 2 uses Attack on  the good Hero at 4 1
 the good Hero loses 16 health
Round: 12
 the evil Ogre loses 10 health
Turn changed: The forces of good
 the good Hero , Valley 4 1
 the good Hero , Valley 4 1
Who will you use Attack on?
 the evil Ogre , Valley 4 2 The tile has the following effects, Fire
Pillar with 1 rounds remaining
 the good Hero uses Attack on  the evil Ogre
 the evil Ogre loses 19 health
Battle Map
 the good Hero , Valley 4 1
Choose an item
Long Bow 1 of 1
Long Bow 1 of 1
Long Bow 1 of 1
Battle Map
 the good Hero , Valley 4 1
 the good Hero , Valley 4 1
Who will you use Attack on?
 the evil Ogre , Valley 4 2 The tile has the following effects, Fire
Pillar with 1 rounds remaining
 the good Hero uses Attack on  the evil Ogre
 the evil Ogre loses 22 health
Battle Map
 the evil Ogre has 40 of 200 Health and 0 of 2 Actions and 3 of 3
Movement and has the following skills, Attack, Move
 the good Hero , Valley 4 1
 the good Hero has 2 of 50 Health and 0 of 2 Actions and 2 of 2
Movement and has the following skills, Attack, Move, Take item, Give
item, Drop item, Use item, Equipment
Moved to 5 1
Moved to 6 1
Ending turn
Turn changed: The forces of evil
 the evil Ogre moves from 4 2 to 6 2
 the evil Ogre at 6 2 uses Attack on  the good Hero at 6 1
 the good Hero loses 2 health
 the good Hero has been defeated
Round: 13
You have been defeated!