[ian-reeds-games] Another draft version of my map pack

  • From: Craig Brett <craigbrett17@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 21:09:26 -0500 (EST)

Hi all!

I've been working away at this and I think now it's at a point where I'd value feedback. I'd say it's about 2/3 ready, with a few more maps to write and then addressing any issues that come up from your feedback and/or balancing things.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5405418/2%20Star%20Wars%20A%20New%20Hope.zip

Allan, I'd particularly be interested to see if your problems with the game before are somewhat solved. Partially thanks to the fog of war, but I've also stationed stationary bombers around the outside as a blockade instead of having more mobile units.

It's taking longer than I expected, I keep rebalancing and tweaking things after I play it and think about how it's gone. Is anyone else finding that? I typically have to struggle to find a strategy to beat a mission before I count it as good enough.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the map pack so far. Don't be surprised if you can't beat the deathstar test, it's literally just a testing level where I'm testing the AI's use of the deathstar and such.

I hope you're all well.

Craig