[ian-reeds-games] Re: Another big response

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 15:02:58 -0700

Hey Carlos,

Good to know how GMA handles it. The speech delay calculator is a good idea and word counting would probably bring you close to the right speed.

Ah, and the game knows if you've interrupted the speech because it checks for key presses just as a screen reader would.

Well, definitely something to consider.
I like that I can tell when SAPI is done but I guess a lot of people like to use their screen reader voice.
I'd prefer my screen reader voice too actually.

I've heard that JAWS can cause problems when the game expects you to use the shift + arrow keys. Allan had an issue with this in TB and I've heard of it happening on other games as well.
Do GMA games just avoid those particular shortcut keys?