[ian-reeds-games] Re: Allen

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 18:11:59 -0400

Hi Carlos,
I  actually read your later email first and this one second, so sorry about any
confusion.
The map was that big mostly because I wasn't sure how much room I was going to
need. I had the basic outline, but you never know what you might need. After
all, it is easier to have too much, then to have too little, you know?

A while back I found I was having problems saving the game on Kobold while
testing it. It turned out the map was too big and the memory useage was  not as
effective  to Ian's  liking.
One the things he told me was taht the map was huge and needed to be made
smaller. He did mention that he might work on a kind of copy and paste thing to
be able to take out the map and put it in a smaller one, but I think it is
still on his long list of things to do.

Originally it was 100 x 100, but I cut it down and tried to get rid of
everything extra, but I guess it wasn't enough, cause he  were able to cut it
down to a much more workable size which I am very grateful for. I owe you big
time, man.

I am going to sit down and use your map, and see how the end fight plays out. I
am not sure what to do about the  line up room, toher then, my original intent
was to make the player choose their positions carefully, and of course, I would
save before every major encounter. There is about 5 good saves you can do
before that memory thing makes it impossible, but maybe your changes will make
that  a non issue now.