[ian-reeds-games] Age of Warlords bugs/slight flaws

  • From: Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 14:54:48 +0930

Hi,

Just a few things I've noticed while playing Age of Warlords. I'm still working
through a play of the Tale of Two Cities—Tall Mountains map.

The bug I discovered was that I tried to have my ice wizard mount the white
dragon and it failed. I don't know if this is to do with the white dragon being
on a tile with two other units, but I thought it was due to a previous Inspire
giving the wizard two extra actions. Since the only way to use up his actions
is to mount a creature (something I find rather irritating, honestly), there
was no way for me to get rid of them except to try mounting three times. This
proved to be an incorrect assumption. The skill has worked before, so it might
have just been something to do with the position they were both in.

Another glitch is that the various arcane towers gain platinum which they have
no use for, and the embassies don't get platinum automatically the way the user
guide says they're supposed to.

The flaw I noticed might just have been a quirk of the playthrough I'm doing
right now, but the AI did not summon a single red dragon from the Fire tower.
Just sorceresses. Lots of fire-wielding axe-crazy sorceresses. I've killed the
tower at this point, but it's still odd that no dragons were summoned at all.
If they were, I'd have had to fight them.

Just thought I'd point these out here. I did mention the platinum thing on the
thread in the Audiogames forum, but haven't heard back from anyone about it. I
suppose I could change the code myself but there are an awful lot of arcane
towers and embassies for different factions to alter the files of.