[ian-reeds-games] Re: Add/Remove_skills flags

  • From: "Craig Brett" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "craigbrett17@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2015 20:35:07 +0100

Transformation works by removing a unit from the map, and replacing it with the new unit, then carrying over any point changes, items, effects, etc.

The reason your add/remove skills won't work in this scenario is that the unit you're adding/removing skills to is then being replaced by a new unit.

What type of skill are you trying to move onto the new unit? Is it a skill to turn it back into its original unit? You could use the revert_transform flag here, I think.

On 04/09/2015 12:47, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:

Tried adding an effect that added the skill. It didn't work. Tried "add_random_skills" in the script flags. That didn't work either. I'm giving up on this venture for the moment—I can at least make friendly types the same.

From: sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ian-reeds-games] Re: Add/Remove_skills flags
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 15:18:50 +0930

The transformation itself wasn't done via an effect, but I will try and create one specifically to add this skill to the unit. :)