[ian-reeds-games] Re: A few responses

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 11:34:33 -0500

Hi Ian and Zak,
A lot of that went over my head, lol.
What I can say for certainty is that I do not think it is a good idea to put a
choose ammo option up every time someone wants to use a ranged weapon that is
an item.

I would instead opt for a choose ammo like flag in the item itself, so that,
whent he player hits the hot key for it, opens a menu listing the ammo
available for that item. Thent he item sticks to that ammo till it is empty or
till the player decides to switch it again.

If there is no available options except the one, then it should choose that
automatically.

Also, there is more then arrows to deal with. Shotguns for example use either
buckshot and/or solid slugs. Each has diffrent damage and range limitations for
effectiveness. Armor piercing bullets, and regular bullets do diffrent things,
etc.

Also, consider that a unit might have several special abilities connected to a
item. The  archer might have a skill to shoot more arrows, or antoher skill to
shoot longer range, and still a third to disarm an opponent. I am not sure how
those would be handled except as skills, or would that be able to be  placed in
a skill list for the one item? I am not sure which would be the best option
when it comes to that. A mini skill list might be a great idea, or it might
totally suck, lol