[huskerlug] Re: Some Questions

  • From: James Worrest <jworrest@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 05:25:43 -0600 (CST)

        I've appreciated the responses I've been getting.  But, yes, they
should do it automatically and one of my Linuxes does do it that way, I
think SuSE use to do it that way, but it doesn't seem to be doing it now.
Perhaps one of the scripts got messed up.
        I can do it in a crude fashion by getting out off any GUI's, waiting
for the system to settle down and hit the reset button, the next time I boot
Linux a check forced is done.  Now, that may not be to safe of way for a
person to do it, even when all I'm using that Linux for is a workstation, this
does not sould like a good idea when I start using Linux for firewalls,
networks,
etc. -- so that is the question.  ---Jim