[huskerlug] Re: Replies: Above or Below?

  • From: Kyle Brown <kbrown@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 19:37:56 -0500

I suppose I was taught to put it at the top, so the people you are replying
to can read the reply without having to go to the bottom of their own email
and start from there.  This would most relivant to really long emails to
begin with, or with long email chains.  For, if you write a really long
responce to somebody's really long initial email, grabing the scroll bar,
and going down, the fastest way to the reply, you could easilly miss it.
This can also be a case with really long email chains, like the other chain
of eamils in this group called [huskerlug] Review of Linux's New Ubuntu and
Moblin for Netbooks - WSJ.com.  Gmail states its 16 messages long.  The
messages are shorter, however, so its easier to just scroll to the bottom
and you will likely see the begining of the last reply there.  However, I
don't care how other people do it, and I'm guessing, if you dissagree with
me, that others down't care how I do it, I'm not changing my ways, and not
asking you to change yours.  I find gmail can handle either, and arrange it
in a way I find acceptible (without all that searching).
Kyle Brown