[huskerlug] Re: RPM "Purgatory"

  • From: Jim Worrest <jworrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 16:03:47 -0600

        Ah, yes, now I see. The only problems I really had was when I went
outside of SuSE--and before I used Apt-4suse. (I think that's what is/was
called.) and it would get rid of "bad" repositories and only let you use
ones that were at least approved by the maker of that program. I have been
rather careful of what I download and try to install, well, usually, careful.
If if has dependencies that are really, really handy to get at, I just don't use
that program. ---Jim