[huskerlug] Re: Meeting

  • From: GreyGeek <jkreps@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 07:58:57 -0600

On Wednesday 05 November 2003 10:08 pm, you wrote:

> I talked to a friend who works in the computer labs, and
> he said that=3D20 its possible to borrow a video camera from
> the IT department.  I=3D20 think it'd be really cool if we
> could archive meetings somewhere. =3D20 I'd go through the
> steps neccessary to get a camera and put the video=3D20 into
> digital form, the only problem being: where would we serve
> it=3D20 out of?  How much space do we have on www.unl.edu?
>
> Spencer Janssen
>
> PS - Lets see if I get some ugly equals signs in this one
> . . .
>
> On Tuesday 04 November 2003 02:03 pm, you wrote:
> > Hey, we are all computer gurus, right? Why can't we set
> > up a netcam or some=3D3D thing to broadcast the meetings
> > or at least make them available online late=3D3D r for
> > people who can't make the meetings? That doesn't seem to
> > be impossibl=3D3D e to me. Someone might even be able to
> > get some homework credit for it or s=3D3D omething. --gk

I have a digital camera and my box has an ATI Wonder TV card=20
with composit and S video inputs.   The wav file it=20
generates from my camera takes 150MB per minute.  It would=20
have to be run through a wav2mpeg filter to reduce it to=20
about 10MB/min IIRC...

=2D-=20
=2D=20
Remember, the Ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic by=20
professionals
GreyGeek