[huskerlug] Re: Knoppix 5.1.1

  • From: Jim Worrest <jworrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 06:19:54 -0600

        Knoppix has gotten to the point where you can unplug and plug in USB
devices, but you you still have to run the pump program, if you turn on and off
your DSL.  If you 5.1.1, you shouldn't run into the problem you mentioned, but
it always says my persistent home directory is not cleanly unmounted, each
time I boot up, even when there is every indication that it was. :-( It does
run the Dell Dimension 8100 THX video/audio setup very well.
        Oh, another problem something of a biggy, I haven't gotten it run
off of a USB stick either. :-(     It was not as smoothly put together,
though part of that is a Debian problem.  ---Jim