[huskerlug] Re: Interesting talk at Google by a kernel guy, Greg Kroah http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2SED6sewRw

  • From: James Worrest <jworrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 05:06:41 -0600

The speaker asked if it was "scary" about the rate of change of the
kernel, it probably is
what is scary is the bloat!  One complains, rightly, about Windows in
this area.  It runs on
more processors than anything else?  I thought NetBSD did.  I just
looked at the first part
of it and I do hope to look at all of it, at a different time of day
when I can see the whole
thing.  ---Jim