[huskerlug] Re: Google Earth binary for Linux !!!!

  • From: GreyGeek <jkreps@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 21:33:19 -0500

On Tuesday 13 June 2006 3:22 pm, sramos wrote:
> yeah I saw that error on the ubuntu forums, but nobody answered it.  might
> msttcorefonts help?  I had installed them and had no problems getting
> google earth to run.

I installed msttcorefonts but they didn't contain the Bitstream font that
GoogleEarth wants.

However, after crashing a couple of times it now appears to work pretty
reliability.   I installed it locally and not as root.  Perhaps that is one
reason why it took a couple of runs for it to stabilize?
JLK