[huskerlug] DistroWatch.com: Put the fun back into computing. Use Linux, BSD.

  • From: James Worrest <jworrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 11:03:04 -0500

I'm not that effusive anymore about SuSE since the setup of the
Microsoft/Novell
Axis, but the review of openSuSE is not only interesting from the praise
of Distrowatch's
chief pixy, on opensuse new release, but what he said about Fedora 9 and
KDE  4.

I don't think  openS is going to be that competitive for me, though.
yes, on some computers
SuSE is likely to stay, but  I hope Mandriva/Mandrake heeds some of the
warning given by
the author, about sloppiness in testing that happened in Fedora 9.  One
thing I would like to
PCLinuxOS on the computers I have it on, and perhaps even expand that. I
can't see that
happening if too many broken packages and operations appear, in the main
line of Mandriva.
watch it you guys!  ---Jim

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20080623#feature