Hello! We're so excited to start off this year and welcome our new
Hummlings to the team. There's a bit of house keeping to take care of
before practice on Sunday.
1) Welcome: Firstly, welcome to Hum A Cappella 16'-17' - each year on this
team is very different and unique and we're so excited to start this year
with you newbies and returning members!
1) Contact: We have a contact/member information doc as an easy way to get
all our deets (phone numbers, emails, etc). I've added social media on it
too but that's totally not required. Here's the link to our doc! Fill it
out asap so we can get ahold of you! Keep the google docs bookmarked so you
can quickly refer to them if you need to.
2) Rehearsal Schedule: We currently practice three times a week for two
hours (Sunday 7pm-9pm @ Union, Tuesday 7pm-9pm @ PAR 304, and Wednesday
9:30pm-11:30pm @PAR 306). We made this schedule based on our returning
members' availability so we understand if you have a conflict! Please fill
out our when2meet with your weekly schedule to give us an idea of your
availability for practices. Fill it out by practice on Sunday so we know
*Weekly Schedule*: http://when2meet.com/?5484051-JNDBJ
3) Gigs: For the way we do gigs, we need to know your availability at the
earliest possible time for these specific times and dates. This gig doc
will be updated regularly and I will send out a reminder saying "hey fill
out the gig doc". Keep the google docs bookmarked so you can quickly refer
to them if you need to.
4) Calendar: We also have a Google Calendar that's updated with times and
locations for rehearsals/practices, gigs, competitions, social events,
birthdays etc. I'll share that with you guys. :)
5) Hum Constitution: I have attached the Hum Constitution for you to read
over. It's a document that has all our rules and procedures for being a
member of Hum. We would like a signed copy from you guys saying that you
understand the rules and expectations. Don't worry if some of it doesn't
make sense or doesn't sound relevant to you - we'll go over the details of
it during practice on Sunday. If there's something you're concerned with,
please don't hesitate to contact one of the officers, and we can talk about
6) Academic Summary: we've started a new requirement that members have to
maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 (around C+/B-). So we can make sure you're on
the right track, please bring us an academic summary of your coursework.
It's super easy if you haven't done it before - just go to the Registrar's
office in the main building (the tower) and ask them for one. If you're a
first-semester freshman, it's OK if your GPA isn't accurate - we just want
to have on file that you're a student.
7) UT ID: Everyone, please bring your UT ID to our first practice or send
me a photo of it before Sunday!
8) Voice recordings: Janani will talk about this during practice to help
the newbies learn/ practice our songs.
9) Groupme: Please download groupme if you don't already use it. It's main
form of social communication (hangouts/ grabbing lunch/ parties/ etc) but
we will also be sending reminders like "Practice tonight is in the union!!
7pm!" just for your own convenience. We also have another groupme which is
an Alumni Groupme - they're all super nice and supportive and want to meet
you guys too! These are social groupmes - anything official will usually be
sent through email.
10) Welcome to the HUMILY :) see you soon!
Hum Constitution F16.docx