[htmlview-mcc] MUI4 backfill issue

  • From: Ilkka Lehtoranta <ilkleht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: htmlview-mcc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 20:22:36 +0200 (EET)

From ChangeLog:

----
  * Not a change but a info; Huston we have two problems:

    1. Since MUI3.9 there is a patch in MUI for HTMLview. It is the very same
    one used for IBrowse; that is what MUI does in MUIM_Backfill before calling
    HTMLview method:
    {
          LONG l, r, t, b;

      l = bmsg->left;
      r = bmsg->right;
      t = bmsg->top;
      b = bmsg->bottom;

          if (l>r || t>b) return 0;

          if (!(l==_mleft(obj) && t==_mtop(obj) && r==_mright(obj) &&
b==_mbottom(obj)))
        return 0;
          }
    }
    I have a MUI4 beta struntz kindly compiled without the patch and HTMLview
simply
    renders itself all over its window. I was not able to find the reason.
Someone
    else might easly be. Note that this causes backgrounds rendering problems.
----

HTMLview being subclass of virtgroup problem is more likely that backfill
method is not taking virtgroup left/top and width/height into account? As
far as I see HTMLview patch in MUI4 just skips normal backfill call but
recalculates x/y and w/h if object is virtual.

Unfortunately I cannot test this since my GCC4 setup is broken.

Btw Alfonso, you probably forgot some NewRawDoFmt() calls to code?

  Ilkka

HTMLview.mcc ML - //www.freelists.org/list/htmlview-mcc
Listserver help - mailto:htmlview-mcc-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=HELP
Bugtracker......: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=190285&atid=932751