[hscctstudents] Re: Off to a Great Start!

  • From: Iman McDuffie <imanm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hscctstudents@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:49:02 -0800 (PST)

i didnt really goofy it was a joke

Carlton Relf <means1991@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:    u jumped off a building that was
smart

Iman McDuffie <imanm@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:     when i jumped off the building...
 i was playin though i was just giving ya'll a laugh plus that was 2 years ago

Carlton Relf <means1991@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:     Wat near fatal injury

charise mcswine <the_one665@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:     thanks Iman... hey by the way
how is your back...I was just thinking back on your nearly fatal
injury...lol....

Iman McDuffie <imanm@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:     u crazy letisha and u do realize
he reads these messages

Letisha Logan <lilkanye_15@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:     I saw that error too!
MR.GIBRAN is slippin'. Maybe he is getting to old. It's not his vision, because
his glasses are thick enough!

Iman McDuffie <imanm@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:     HEY EVERYBODY. if u havent noticed
in the code already there is a mistake that MR.GIBRAN MADE! in the code there
is a jakarta image and it as a hyphen between jakarta and logo.gif chan the
hyphen 2 a underscore or this:_ or it wont work right. i will apperciate it if
i get some thank u's cuz i didnt have 2 say anything! jus playin but not really

Gibran Adejele <gibran_adejele@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:       Quote of the Week:
Good things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who
hustle ~ Abraham Lincoln
  My confidence is flying really high right now!  I think we had a great sho
wing today.  If we can keep it going and gain a little momentum we are going to
have one heck of a team.  I think our program is maturing and you guys are
maturing along with it.  Lets not lose this focus.
  I am attaching this week's reading assignment and the images for this week's
homework.  I'm not zipping it up because I'm not sure if anyone left has a
problem receiving zip files.  The re are three relatively short documents to
read and the quiz will be based on all three.
  I want to stress again the necessity for testing your work.  I was very
lenient this week but you w on't see that leniency going forward.  Also, please
zip up your files.  I am using some decent freeware ZIP software if you need it
(however, it does display an annoying pop-up every time you use it).
  We have some students that didn't send me their homework and did not show up
for class today.  For the time being, I'm assuming that you don't plan to
continue in the program; however, I am expecting you t o confirm your status as
soon as possible.
  Next week we will have a team exercise.  I've divided you up into the
following three teams:
  Team 1      Team 2        Team 3
  Charise      Andre           Maurice
Christian    Chris           Brit t
Joseph       Carlton         Letisha
Ben          Iman            Fred
Brian
  If your team w ants to start collaborating now, feel free to exchange email
addresses and telephone numbers.  I don't have an issue at all if you want to
create a problem and develop a solution for it before we meet next week.
  I want to thank the parents and grand parents that joined us today.  Next
week I plan to give the students a letter that I want you to share with your
parents.  It's important that we have t hem involved in order to make the
program successful and to enable it to grow.  The letter I 'm sending will try
to encourage them to help solidify our efforts.
  I also need to make it clear that if you're not going to take the program
seriously, we can't let you stay in the program.  If at the end of the HTML
sessions, you have less than 180 points, and you're not trending in the right
direction, I will confer with the other coach es but we'll probably have to
have a long talk about your future or the lack thereof.
  With that said, here are the weekly standings:
  < B>Standings
Name    Total Points

Charise McSwine 95
Andre Robinson  95
Lee Reed        90
Maurice Shelton 90
Jos eph Huggings 90
Carlton Means   85
Letisha Logan   80
Iman McDuffie   75
Fred McSwine    70
Ben Hughes      60
Br ian Montgomery        60
Brittanie McDuffie      55
Chris Hughes    35
Christian Malebranche   0

  Also, most of you need to purchase the "JSTL in Action" book.  I'm guessing
siblings only need to purchase one book.   You can get it from Amazon for
$26.37
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1930110529/qid=1136680221/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-1665179-3399025?n=507846&s=books&v=glance

  Don't wait until the last minute to buy it.  The pace of training is really
fast once we make the leap to JSTL and you will want to have the book from day
one.
  <<...>> <<...>> <<...>>
  Here are the images for the homework:
<<...>> <<...>>
  My understand ing is that Lee is the only student that does not plan to
attend class next week. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else at 9:00
sharp.  Eat breakfast before you come to class.  I want to get started with
training when the clock strikes 12.

  (H) 708-283-8516
(C) 708-254-7767

---------------------------------
  Yahoo! Photos
Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays,
whatever.

  Yahoo! Photos
Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays,
whatever.

  Yahoo! Photos ? Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
Photo Books. You design it and we?ll bind it!

  Yahoo! Photos