[hp.encompass.nz] Re: Help with DEC2000 Model 300AXP

  • From: Raji Arulambalam <rajia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'hp.encompass.nz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <hp.encompass.nz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 11:57:20 +1200

Hi People

Thanks to those who responded.
Especially Charlie Graham.

The LEDs 1011 refers to a machine check error occurred  - onboard cache
parity.

Anybody got a spare motherboard for sale.??   Model 300 or 500 AXP ??

Cheers

Raji Arulambalam
Systems Administrator
Environment Bay of Plenty - Regional Council
5 Quay Street, P O Box 364, Whakatane, New Zealand
Telephone:      0800 ENV BOP    (368 267)
Facsimile:      0800 ENV FAX    (368 329)
Auto Attendant: 0800 ENV AUTO   (368 288)
Extension:              9206
Direct:         07 9223365
Website:                www.envbop.govt.nz

Working with our communities for a better environment
Men should be like Kleenex- soft, strong and disposable.

I've got the above machine thats given up the gost I think.
When I turn on the machine there is no power up display.
The diagnostics LEDs is 1011 and there is no description what this is.

So if any DEC engineers out there know what this is I would appreciate it.

Cheers
Raji Arulambalam
Systems Administrator
Environment Bay of Plenty - Regional Council
5 Quay Street, P O Box 364, Whakatane, New Zealand
Telephone:      0800 ENV BOP    (368 267)
Facsimile:      0800 ENV FAX    (368 329)
Auto Attendant: 0800 ENV AUTO   (368 288)
Extension:              9206
Direct:         07 9223365
Website:                www.envbop.govt.nz
Working with our communities for a better environment

Email disclaimer: This email and any attachments are confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient, do not copy, disclose or use the contents in
any way. If you receive this message in error, please let us know by return
email and then destroy the message. Environment Bay of Plenty is not
responsible for any changes made to this message and/or any attachments
after sending.
This e-mail has been checked for viruses and no viruses were detected.

 This e-mail message has been swept for content and viruses. No viruses were
detected.
 Contact the Helpdesk on extension 9CIS (9247) for assistance, if required.