[homeserver] Adding WHS to an existing network

  • From: "Frank Ventura" <Frank.Ventura@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <homeserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 15:49:03 -0500

Hello all, I am trying to add Windows Home Server to my existing
network. The physical installation should go pretty smoothly. However I
have a concern with the remote access through the internet. I have port
80 already being forwarded to a SBS server for Windows Sharepoint
services. I understand that WHS wants to use that very same port for web
access. Is there a work around? Both servers (WHS and the existing SBS
server) are connected to the same router. Also the IP of that router is
a static IP, will that cause any problems. All of the client PCs are
running XP Pro with JAWS 8.

Tia