[homeclinic] Re: Monthly posting. Repair or replace?

  • From: KinerA@xxxxxxx
  • To: homeclinic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 15:59:13 EST

In a message dated 12/6/2003 12:24:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Shelnuttgh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> >This month I would be interested in opinions on whether
> >you think fixing appliances is  expensive and it is
> >usually cheaper to buy a new one.

While I seem to have a reasonably competant service co, I have a neighbor who
sells applicances (and has long since gotten out of the service business).
He says any applicance 20 years or older should not even get consideration for
repair.

Thought.  You agree to pay one-half the price to repair.  After 5 years you
have another problem that costs half the price of new.  Now you have paid the
price of a new applicance and have an applicance 10-15 yrs typically.

Arnold Kiner

View the Archives at //freelists.org/archives/homeclinic