[hllug] Re: mplayer full screen

  • From: Don Crowder <dondashguitar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:43:52 -0500

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 11:38:35 +0530
Deepan <codeshepherd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi All,
> I am running Fedora core 7. When I play movies
> with mplayer, it does not play in full screen.
> Even if I press f for full screen, it plays the
> movie only in the center portion of the screen.  I
> also tried mplayer -vo xv movie.avi .. It plays in
> full screen, but dies after sometime saying my
> system is too slow. I guess is  has some thing to
> do with the video cards.. is there a fix ?<br>

I like VLC.  It doesn't seem to have a full screen mode but it works very
nicely.  Totem has a great full screen mode but I was only able to use it once.
 When I first tried it I got an error message which was similar to this: "Are
you trying to view encrypted video without libdvdcss?".  I turned on Synaptic,
searched for, found and installed libdvdcss2 and the movie played beautifully.
A couple of days later I tried another movie and got the same error
message.....  go figure.  That's when I tried VLC and it worked.
--
Don Crowder
http://www.don-guitar.com