[hllug] m0n0wall running on compact flash

  • From: Cranz Nichols <wb5bkl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 20:13:00 -0600

Prompted by Don's comment that he had a "goodly number" of the needed
cable, I took another, much closer look in my junk... err, spares box
and found the needed cable.

Went through the load DSL via CD, download the HD/CF image file, load it
onto the CF card routine, rebooted and Shazam!  m0n0wall running on
compact flash.

The little IDE adapter card is cute.  It has a red LED for power, a
yellow one for CF card inserted properly and a green one that shows I/O
to the card.  Too bad the LEDs would not be visible outside the case...

Now, I am dealing with configuration and cabling issues.  At least one
of the network cards seems to require a cross-over cable to operate.  No
WAN connection yet.

More later.

cln
Meanest Man on Emeralds Drive

On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 21:08 -0500, Bubba's Geek wrote:
> Cranz:
>
> If you can not get the pin out, I could mail a cable to you tomorrow.
>
> lmk
> Lee

0.