[hllug] Re: dual boot XP/U-10.04

  • From: hc@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 15:23:50 -0500 (CDT)

-----Original Message-----
From: "Lee Parmeter" <admin@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2011 13:58
To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [hllug] Re: dual boot XP/U-10.04

On 04/21/2011 01:00 PM, hc@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> [...]

Take a look at "backup-manager" here:
http://www.backup-manager.org/downloads/

This can be setup to use "rsync" which will sync one drive to another; in
your case you only want to write files that have change or new ones to the
other machines and download anything you don't have from the other machine.
Essentially sync both ways.

I use backup-manager" to backup a partition on my wife's laptop to the file
server nightly. It logs into the server securely using ssh and transfer and
changes or new files to the master on the server.

The only hard part is generating the secure keys for auto login over ssh.

--
Administrator
http://www.hllug.org

      thanks Lee I will do the reading after day chores are done and get it
started

hh