[hllug] Re: Ubuntu gets a "face lift" with the April release!

  • From: Herb Cee <hc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 15:37:07 -0600

Yeah Cheryl the Ubuntu Version 10.04 will replace the 8.04 as the 3yr supported version, Support for 8.04 will continue for another yr. I dunno the exact date yet, early April I hope. I believe it will show up in the Update Manager as an 'Upgrade' but I will wait a week and see what the noise is first and I will Upgrade my test box first before I cut loose with the main box. I promise to send u a report on what I think.

Right 8.10, 9.04 & 9.10 are all interim releases and are supported for 18mo I believe.
hh

Cheryl Holmes wrote:
hey herb, lots going on around here again as usual. way too much family drama plus having to deal with all my eyesight issues. keep fingers crossed that I catch up with my emails etc sometime soon...have to have them rewad to me since can't see and then dictate replies back...

anyway, this message sounds promisding...what is 10.04 and is it beta? have u tried it herb..how is it for us blind folks?
so, 8.04 and 10.04 are lts?  uintrepid 9.04 is not right?

thanks lc

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Herb Cee <hc@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:hc@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Lee Parmeter wrote:

        Ubuntu gets a "face lift"!
        Good-by to the ugly brown themes!
        Thank-you!

        "The new style of Ubuntu is driven by the theme "Light". We've
        developed a
        comprehensive set of visual guidelines and treatments that
        reflect that
        style, and are updating key assets like the logo accordingly.
        The new theme
        takes effect in 10.04 LTS and will define our look and feel
        for several years."

        https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Brand

Hey Lee thanks I'll keep trying but now ...
     Service Temporarily Unavailable

    The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to
    maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

    Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8g Server at
    wiki.ubuntu.com <http://wiki.ubuntu.com> Port 443

    LOL I hope this is an indication of interest I am looking forward
    to spinning

    10.04 LTS

    hh