[hllug] Re: Ubuntu 9.04, nVidia driver and 8200 chipset freeze

  • From: Lee Parmeter <admin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 09:22:20 -0500

Cheryl:

Cheryl Holmes wrote:
> I don't have my new system up yet and it doesn't have onboard vid but
> does have the GForce 8 vid card (PCI-E)...I wonder if that will happen
> with this card like it does on the onboard vid.

No, I would not expect any problems with other chip sets. The 8200 is the
only one that is affected; even the 8300 embedded chip set works OK. The
8200 is the only chip set that is an embedded only series and has
apparently got forgotten along the way.

I have systems with the 8300 embedded and 8600 PCI-E slot cards working
properly.

--
Administrator
http://www.hllug.org

"When it comes to Vista: just say NO! If you're not ready for Linux, buy a
MAC!" - Lee Parmeter