[hllug] Re: Proceeding abeit slowly.

  • From: Administrator <admin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 14:54:17 -0500

Donguitar wrote:

Just got new siding on the house and finished rewiring my telephone/internet
(wiring on exterior of building had to be removed and reinstalled) except I
can't find my crimping tool so I can't install the eight-pin modular
connectors on the cable which will give me a DSL connection, via the router,
in the back bedroom (my Linux play-station).  If I can find a couple of
ethernet cables in the 3 to 6 foot range I can terminate the cable I've just
installed into eight-pin surface-mount jacks (which I have).  That would
make a neater job anyway but I hate having to wait for one more thing.

I have a RJ45 crimping tool and would be willing to drop by and connect you up this evening! Not sure where you live or how far it is from my house!

LMK
Lee

-- Administrator http://www.hllug.org //www.freelists.org/list/hllug

Instead of just gazing through a "Window", remove the "Gates" and come fly with the penguins!