[hllug] Linux Fun: ps3

  • From: Lee Parmeter <lee@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hlcc-txaos <hlcc-txaos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 10:57:47 -0500

Fun with Linux!

An article in this months Linux Journal introduced me to this fun little utility, so I thought I would share it!

ps3 is a utility for monitoring process activity on a Linux machine. It is a little bit like top, except that:

* it displays all processes
* it updates itself up to 100 times per second instead of once every three seconds
* it shows a 3D chart, with interactive rotation, zooming and scaling

Link: http://user.tninet.se/~uhu537u/ps3.html

Regards
--
Lee Parmeter
http://www.linXos.com

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. –Benjamin Franklin