[hllug] Re: How do I mount a thumbdrive in Debian?

  • From: Lee Parmeter <geek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 09:30:55 -0600

Don:

I understand how you feel!

In the case of the usb pen/thumb auto mount problem, it really should just
work anyway. In the next Debian release, it probably will. I saw in the
Ubuntu forums that auto mount on Ubuntu was broke for awhile and then got
fixed. In transitional cases like this, I am not opposed to using a
temporary work-around solution in the interim. It's better to use a
work-around (/etc/fstab edit) then installing a possibly depreciated
solution like autofs.

For the official Debian solution to the problem, you will need to dig a
little deeper and do a mind-melt with another pure-bred Debian! :<)

-Lee