[hllug] Re: Freespire rocks.

  • From: "Donguitar" <donguitar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 18:18:23 -0500

| Freespire 2.0 will be based on Ubuntu 7.04.
| http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS7103672739.html

Freespire 1.0 has a KDE desktop that's been modified to be a little more
Windows-like.  The browser and email client are modified versions of Firefox
and Thunderbird.  Lisa and I really like Kmail so I downloaded it and
updated several apps while I was at it.  I have to say, CNR isn't nearly so
user friendly as Synaptic and, after spending a couple of hours updating and
tinkering it seems to run fairly slow on this computer.  I'll give Lisa time
to look at it but if she doesn't object I'll probably try SAM on it.

| I think a Linux Geek you have become!

Albeit a frustrated Linux geek.  I want to know more, and I want to know it
now.

Don