[hllug] Re: 12.04 desktop

  • From: hc@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 17:34:16 -0500 (CDT)

Lee that site worked what i missed was clicking on the logo at the login page
doing that pops up the choice I wished.  Also the problem I had with blowing
the sys was from allowing the update mgr to install the 130 updates that have
accumulated in barely over a month after release.

After updating  files it hangs up during the restart & freezes. I am going to
ignore all updates until later when I am more comfortable with using 12.04.

Under Gnome-panel it does show the apps & Places menu but does not the system
menu. I will google for possible way to get that since it is just so easy to
make the settings from the appearance & Admin menus. I dunno how you found that
site I never saw it in the searches I did. Do you recall the search terms.

LOL I may be ok now since I have ver 11.04 installed to use when I want ...
that is once I fix Grub that has dropped it from view, oh well!
Taking license wandering from the list purpose for a laugh...
Ginsburg said it best:
Oh well, what the hell.
It's a world filled with square toilet seats,
Never sat on by Las Vegas virgins,
Tampaxed & disowned.