[hllug] Re: 12.04 desktop

  • From: hc@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 15:56:23 -0500 (CDT)

Woops forgot the attachment
herb@herb-elfa:~$ sudo apt-get install gnome-session-fallback
[sudo] password for herb:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
gnome-session-fallback is already the newest version.
gnome-session-fallback set to manually installed.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 133 not upgraded.
herb@herb-elfa:~$

On Friday, May 18, 2012 14:54, hc@xxxxxxxxxxx said:

Hi Lee
You said I could still install Gnome 2 & 3 on U-12.04 but I cannot seem to get
it to work. here is the CLI dialog for the command that I tried.  After
rebooting I do not get a choice from the login screen it shows 'herb' as only
user with no options that I can see.  I can use the unity default desk but I
would be happy if I could go back to what I have been using for past 5yrs. I
have not removed the Unity as some pages suggest. Should I? Could you please
give me the proper code to use,
Thanks herb