[hipl-users] Re: vtun over HIP for IPv4 over IPv6

  • From: Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 08:51:40 -0400

Samu Varjonen wrote:
Robert Moskowitz kirjoitti:

Varjonen Samu wrote:
Miika Komu wrote:
Robert Moskowitz wrote:

Hi,

Oh, is anyone here use vtun? Looks like it COULD be the tool I need, you see, I have been fighting the wrong battle via-a-vis IPv6 app availablity. Though it will cost me some more overhead.
How to configure it?

I haven't done it but found a linux journal article:

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/6675

There is a IPv6 version of this program offered by KAME project (part of WIDE project?).

oh, the 'standard' version doesn't do IPv6?

http://orange.kame.net/dev/cvsweb.cgi/v6tun/?cvsroot=apps

With a small mod to the Makefile it compiles in Linux.

Thought you might want to know.
I would want to know what the changes to the makefile are.

v6tun: v6tun.o
gcc v6tun.c v6tun.h -o v6tun

install: v6tun
-rm -f $(install_dir)/v6tun
install -c -o root -g wheel -m 04710 v6tun $(install_dir)

clean: 6tun: v6tun.o -rm -f *.o v6tun
gcc v6tun.c v6tun.h -o v6tun install: v6tun
-rm -f $(install_dir)/v6tun
install -c -o root -g wheel -m 04710 v6tun $(install_dir) clean:
-rm -f *.o v6tun

Just changed the first command because it did not work for me and this did :)
OK. I figured out how to download the v 1.1.1.1 README, v6tun.c, v6tun.h, and Makefile. Your text above was quite a change to the makefile; I made the changes then tried: make install

Makefile:10: *** traget pattern contains no '%'. Stop.

So obviously I need some help....