[hipl-users] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Joakim Koskela <joakim.koskela@xxxxxxx>
  • To: miika@xxxxxx, Lina <linalinaa@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 14:36:23 +0300

Hi,

a couple of clarifications -

On Friday 11 July 2008 13:56:31 Miika Komu wrote:
> Lina wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I need just to be sure of some thing. To install HIPL on Nokia tablet,
> > we have to use
> > one of the kernel here:
> >

> >   hipl/contrib/kernel/deb/maemo-armel

the kernel which you should use depends on the firmware version of your n810.
The url Miika mentioned used to contain only the kernel for older firmware,
but I just added a second ago a new kernel version as well. Unless you
haven't updated your tablet since January (this year), or bought it after
that, I would guess you need the new kernel (-r50).

You should notice if it's the wrong version. Check for things like the
internal memorycard not working, and for wacky screen calibration.

> Or here:
>
> http://hipl.hiit.fi/MERCoNe/
>
> Joakim is maintaining a deb repository for N810. I am not sure if he
> wants to publish it yet?

I better keep it private, as the version it maintains doesn't adhere to the
current specifications (in other words, it doesn't fully work with other
versions/implementations). But I guess we'll have an official repository soon
enough with a standard-compliant version..

br ,j

--
Joakim Koskela
Helsinki Institute for Information Technology (HIIT)