[hipl-users] long delay in mobility handling procedure

  • From: Szabolcs Nováczki <novaczkisz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 09:11:09 +0100

Hi hipl users!

We are doing some tests with infraHIP recently. With basic mobility tests we
run into the following behaviour:

There is a significant delay in infraHIP (on the mobile side) before sending
out the first update package.

I attached a commented trace of the hipd output (hipd_trace_medium) where I
highlighted the suspected part.

My request is that if some of you has time to analyze this or someone knows
the reason for this behaviour please share with us! What happenes there? Is
this delay ok? We are also interested of  mechanisms triggering the update
procedure in hipd, and how this trigger is processed.

Thx!

Br,
Szabolcs Novaczki

Ps.: hipd is running on 2.6.27-11 generic kernel installed from ubuntu
interpid package