[hipl-users] interoperatibility

  • From: Miika Komu <miika@xxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:36:22 +0200 (EET)

We interoperated the base exchange code in hipl--main--2.6--patch-125 with
the Boeing implementation. The code is mostly draft-ietf-hip-base-00
compliant. Also, we fixed bugs in the NULL encryption, and it works now
just fine.

Mika also interoperated the draft-ietf-mm-00 support with Boeing.
Rekeying was successful and readdressing was partially successful.  The
readdressing message exchange was successful, but the SAs were created
incorrectly.

The draft-ietf-mm-00 works (even with the readdressing) with two HIPL
implementations. It will be merged into the main trunk in the near future.
Also, I am developing the IPv4 support, and I expect to have at least
partial support for the IPv4 by the end of this year.

P.S. We haven't answered to all of the questions on this list due to IETF.
We'll give the remaining answers during this week.

--
Miika Komu              miika@xxxxxx          http://www.iki.fi/miika/