[hipl-users] Re: hipl on planet-lab

  • From: Andrei Gurtov <gurtov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Stephen Herborn <stephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 16:20:38 +0300

Hi,

Sorry for a late reply, I've been on vacation. We haven't yet tried running HIPL on PL, but Teemu Koponen wrote a UML patch that should allow it. It is was used to run an OCALA proxy on PL. He can provide the patch to you. We would be very interested to hear if it will work for you.

Andrei

Stephen Herborn wrote:

Hi,

Sorry for the unsolicited mail. I'm currrenly playing around with hipl, with a view to developing applications on top of it. I would like to use planet-lab to perform evaluation, but i dont think planet-lab allows the use of customised kernels. I was wondering if you had any sucess in deploying hipl on planet-lab nodes? Does the User Mode Linux approach suggested on the PL mailing list work?

regards,
stephen herborn
national ict australia / university of new south wales