[hipl-users] Re: What does HIPL with TLV payloads?

  • From: "Jesús Rojo Martínez" <jrojomartinez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 16:41:15 +0200

Hi!!,

 Thanks!! Wow... Now I see it much clearer.
 Just some little doubts left...

hipconf can be used for setting system level options. System level here
means that it applies to the whole system. You can use the native API to
set application specific options, but maybe that is not what you want to
do.

 Actually yes, it's what I want to do: application specific. So, I should
use the native API.
 (Even more, each application will most probably have a different HIT).

For configuring the certificate in the hipconf, you need to add a new
parameter like "add cert <file>" and implement it. Then you push the
parameter to hipd similary as in other implemented options.

 Since I'll use the native API to push the certificate to the daemon, and
as I already have seen (and you said in the last mail) I should use the
hip_build_param_xx to build the certificate parameter.
 But about the "msg", should I define at least some actions (or "msg type")
for the CERTs?... (Then I know I have to allocate memory for the msg and
initate it with hip_msg_init, then build the CERT parameter contents and
header... but which header?).
 And to send later that message (push it to the daemon), as I've seen, is
with "hip_send_daemon_info_wrapper", right?

In hipd (user.c) you have to implement a handler to the certificate and
store it
somewhere in the hipd. If you want the certificate to be applied to all
hip connections, a global variable should be fine.

 Since I want a different certificate for each connection... (probably just
for each local HIT... although I will possibly need to store the received
certificates as well for each remote HIT... if it's not too much memory
consuming): Where do you recommend me to store it?
 (I guess there are some databases for the associations, right? Can it be
useful for me? Some space there where I can store the cert? And for each HIT
instead of associations?)

Base exchange is triggered from hip_netdev_handle_acquire.

 Mmm, so can I call that function from "my programme" so the base exchange
is triggered? And does it return immediately or when the base exchange is
completed? What is the its parameter "msg"?

 What about if there is an already established connection? (How can I know
that? And then, How can I trigger the update signaling instead?)

The receiving of packets is handled [...]

 Perfect explained!! I got the idea :)

 Just some doubt in my mind... When receiving the certificate, once I get
it in hip_handle_xx, How can I "send" it to my programme? Can I do it in
some way through the trigger call? (when returning from
hip_netdev_handle_acquire or the update signaling, if they return when it is
completed). Any other way?

 Thanks again for everything. Your last mail was really good explained :D
 Regards,

--
Jesús Rojo Martínez.
Human Resources responsible BEST Stockholm - Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan

e-mail: jrojomartinez@xxxxxxxxx
phone: +46704369273
MSN: jrojomartinez@xxxxxxx