[hipl-users] Re: Using VLC with HIPL

  • From: Miika Komu <mkomu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 18:46:39 +0200

Hi Lingyuan,

On 02/20/2015 03:31 AM, Lingyuan He wrote:
Hi,

I am new to HIPL and I am trying to set up a minimum demo with VLC 2.0.8
on Ubuntu 12.04.

I installed all the dependencies, and built from source (./configure &&
make && sudo make install). hipd was started on both server and client
(which are all on a same ethernet router).

And I follow the instruction on:
http://infrahip.hiit.fi/hipl/manual/HOWTO.html#sec_vlc
I have some problem getting HIT address, "hipconf get ha default" does
not return an address to me,

you found a typo in the manual, it should be:

hipconf daemon get hi default

I fixed this, the manual is going to be updated during the night.

so I use the IPv6 address from the
interface dummy0 (presumably this is HIT, right?). But I cannot see
video from client.

Start with something simple like:

hipconf daemon add map PEER_HIT PEER_IP
ping6 PEER_HIT
ssh -6 PEER_HIT

Remember that IPv6 addresses (or HITS) are specified inside brackets [] to VLC. Alternatively, you can use LSIs (requires hipfw daemon) or set hostname mappings in /etc/hip/hosts and /etc/hosts

Can any one help and explain?

Thanks a lot.

HTH, Miika.