[hipl-users] Using VLC with HIPL

  • From: Lingyuan He <lingyuan.he@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 20:31:02 -0500

Hi,

I am new to HIPL and I am trying to set up a minimum demo with VLC 2.0.8 on
Ubuntu 12.04.

I installed all the dependencies, and built from source (./configure && make &&
sudo make install). hipd was started on both server and client (which are all
on a same ethernet router).

And I follow the instruction on:
http://infrahip.hiit.fi/hipl/manual/HOWTO.html#sec_vlc
I have some problem getting HIT address, "hipconf get ha default" does not
return an address to me, so I use the IPv6 address from the interface dummy0
(presumably this is HIT, right?). But I cannot see video from client.

Can any one help and explain?

Thanks a lot.