[hipl-users] Re: Unsure about correct usage of HITs and dummy0 interface

  • From: Stephen Herborn <stephen.herborn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 18:07:51 +1000

The selection of src and dst HITs by the hip daemon is still unpredictable after the patch. We performed tests by first initiating base exchange from crash to oops and trying to ping from crash to oops using every combination of src and dst HITS, then we repeated this in the opposite direction from oops to crash.

I have attached a tar file of the results of our testing (containing the hipd output for both oops and crash). Im not sure if this mailing list allows attachments, so if this mail is rejected I will try to paste all the files in as text.

\steve

Miika Komu wrote:
On Wed, 26 Apr 2006, Stephen Herborn wrote:
Is there any way to tell the hip daemon which HITs it should use to communicate with the HITs of other hosts, in order to avoid this mismatching? Could it be to do with the order of the entries in /etc/hip/hosts?
The reason for this problem was that the userspace application ended up in selecting a different HIT than hipd. I fixed this problem properly in hipl--main--2.6--patch-110. Have a go with that version and please report if it was successful?