[hipl-users] Trying to run tla over IPv6

  • From: Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 08:45:38 -0500

It is my understanding that the tla arch is on hipl.hiit.fi, and that there is no AAAA record for this host in DNS, but its v6 address is 2001:708:148:220::2 which I can ping6.

So I put this address in my /etc/hosts, and I can 'ping6 -n hipl.hiit.fi', so now I try 'tla replay' and I get:

unable to access URL: /hipl/archive/.listing
webdav error: Could not connect to server: Permission denied

So either tla does not support IPv6, or your webdav is not listing on IPv6?

And could you also put in a DNS AAAA record in for hipl.hiit.fi? Or will that cause timing problems for those running duo stack but no IPv6 connectivity (DNS rule: If you get a AAAA record try that first before trying the v4 A record, sigh).