[hipl-users] Re: Time reference in debug outputs

  • From: Miika Komu <miika.komu@xxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 16:28:26 +0300

Leo Martinez wrote:

Hi Leo,

Hello everyone,

I hope you all have had a good summer time. Its good to see the community back to work on hipl, there are so many things still ahead to work on. I was wondering, is it possible to add a time reference to the output of the debug() messages? I'm doing some benchmark tests and would like to check the times elapsed between some especific moments, for example the time elapsed between the moment when I receive an R2 control message and the moment when the HIP association state changes to ESTABLISHED.

As for now, the only time references are in the wireshark messages, but I would be nice to incorporate this detail in the debug() output function.

there is a patch already for this. I have to merge one branch first and test it throughly first.