[hipl-users] Re: Test fails due to use the HIT as a *real* address

  • From: "Jesús Rojo Martínez" <jrojomartinez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 16:31:48 +0100

Hi again,

 I cannot understand anything... :S
 I tried again the ping6 (without specifying the source HIT) and first it
said:

connect: Resource temporarily unavailable

 Then again (just 1s after)... and it worked!!! O_O Do you have any
explanation for this?

On 2/27/07, Jesús Rojo Martínez <jrojomartinez@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi again!,

Yes, this seems to be successful.

  Good :) But, why didn't it work with IPv4 if I had the default route for
it? What other problems was there? (It would be good to know the bugs to
include them in my report).

  * Tests with hipl-patch-208:

> > BUT it doesn't work with a direct ping6 to the HIT :S Shouldn't it
> work?
> > There is no packet in tcpdump, and no log in syslog...
>
> Is it so that the first ping is dropped? And if you try it again, it
> will
> succeed?

  No, I waited enough. I did it again now with the patch-208. 10 packets
lost, and after that, another try with another 10 packets lost.
  Logs in test-ping6/ping6.

> BUT AGAIN it doesn't work with a direct ping6 to the HIT And also there
> is
> > no packet in tcpdump, and no log in syslog...
>
> Sometimes the source HIT selection is weird. You can specify source HIT
> ping6 with -I SRC_HIT. Maybe you can try the pingtest.sh tool from test
> directory? You give it first the IP address of the peer and then the
> HITs
> of the peer.

  It's not working neither. I tried directly with the pingtest.
  Logs in test-ping6/pingtest, and no logs in syslog. Strange output from
ping:

ping: sendmsg: No such process

  Mmm, strange, it didn't work the first time. I tried another time, and
it's working now ONLY for IPv6. It still has the same strange output... And
there are still some "errors" in the syslog. Log in
test-ping6/pingtest/ipv6.
  Maybe I didn't wait enought time the first time I tried it??
  And why is not working without specifying the source HIT?

  With IPv4 still does not work at all, and syslog has some strange errors
like:

if_index NOT determined
Netlink receiving failed

  Logs in test-ping6/pingtest/ipv4.
  (I've tried it specifying the peer IP as both, the IPv4 and the IPv6,
and the resulst... none of them worked... and a syslog of 10Mb :S ).

> * With hipd_config (and IPv6 addresses, although it fails with IPv4 as
> > well):
> >
> > AGAIN it get frozen "waiting for daemon info".
> > Logs in tar file test4.
> > To stand out, the log:
> >
> > debug(user.c:323@hip_handle_user_msg) No response sent
>
> Ok, for the last time, please try this just once again because I am not
> able to reproduce it. There was a bind() call missing from resolver.
> Interestingly, it seemes to produce different results on different
> machines.

  No :(( It still doesn't work. It gets frozen with both, IPv4 and v6.
  Logs in test-hipd_config/{ipv4,ipv6}. In both there is an strange error
that says: "hip_sendto() failed".

  Let's see if we can get now the ping working & the hipd_config problem
:) Then some other applications over TCP/UDP would be good to test as
well... ;-)
  What does the client-gai do exactly? What is the difference with a
normal app.?

  Bye!

--
Jesús Rojo Martínez.
Human Resources responsible BEST Stockholm - Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan

e-mail: jrojomartinez@xxxxxxxxx
phone: +46704369273
MSN: jrojomartinez@xxxxxxx