[hipl-users] Re: Test fails due to use the HIT as a *real* address

  • From: "Jesús Rojo Martínez" <jrojomartinez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 19:31:14 +0100

Hi!,

 Version patch-206.

* Without hipd_config
   (at the end of the mail a version with the config, to see if problem is
fixed and client-gai doesn't get frozen).

Otherwise similar, but there is not default route:
ip -6 route add default dev eth0

 - Added default route in IPv6.

ip route get 3ffe::4

If you get a HIT there (while hipd is running), something is wrong with
the routing.

 No, that's not the problem, no HIT at all:

node2:~# ip route get 3ffe::4
3ffe::4 via 3ffe::4 dev eth0  src 3ffe::2  metric 0
   cache  mtu 1500 advmss 1440 hoplimit 4294967295

 The results with the IPv6 default route added are... kind of SUCCESS!! :))

 It connects to the peer, using (finally :D) HIP, as it appears some
packets in tcpdump.
 I attach the logs into the tar file test1.tar.gz (syslog, client-gai
output, tcpdump and setkey -PD).
 BUT it doesn't work with a direct ping6 to the HIT :S Shouldn't it work?
There is no packet in tcpdump, and no log in syslog...

 I removed the IPv6 address (3ffe::x) to try it with IPv4.
 With the default IPv6 route it works now also, logs in test2 tar file.
 Without the default IPv6 route... It works also NOW!! (Why didn't it work
before? I tried it also :S :( ). Logs in test3 (I guess similar results to
test2).
 BUT AGAIN it doesn't work with a direct ping6 to the HIT And also there is
no packet in tcpdump, and no log in syslog...

* With hipd_config (and IPv6 addresses, although it fails with IPv4 as
well):

 AGAIN it get frozen "waiting for daemon info".
 Logs in tar file test4.
 To stand out, the log:

debug(user.c:323@hip_handle_user_msg) No response sent

 That's it. Thank you very much for your help. I hope all my tests and logs
have helped you also to improve the software :)
 Anyway, there is still some problems to fix.

 Greetings,

P.D.: Sorry for the attachments, I think they are not too heavy and I hope
they don't disturb you (all the users in this ML) too much.

--
Jesús Rojo Martínez.
Human Resources responsible BEST Stockholm - Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan

e-mail: jrojomartinez@xxxxxxxxx
phone: +46704369273
MSN: jrojomartinez@xxxxxxx