[hipl-users] Re: System requirements for HIPL and UML

  • From: Väisänen Teemu <teemuuolevivaisanen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 12:51:58 +0300

Hi and thank you Miika!

What do you think about Pentium III 650 Mhz with 192 MB machine for
UML and HIPL?

I am using Fedora Core 3, and Fedoras aren't in 'supported
distributions and kernels' -list in VMware, although Red Hats are. Do
you think that causes problems?

"VMware says about requirements:
Standard x86-compatible personal computer
400 MHz or faster CPU minimum (500 MHz recommended)
128 MB minimum (256 MB recommended)
You must have enough memory to run the host operating system, plus the
memory required for each guest operating system and for applications
on the host and guest. See your guest operating system and application
documentation for their memory requirements."

I bet my computers aren't fast enough...

...So if I try to use HIPL without UML and VMware, how soon my Linux
will be stuck, what do you think? :)

Thank you for help!

-Teemu Väisänen