[hipl-users] Re: System hangs frequent when killing hipfw

  • From: Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 17:08:15 -0500

Miika Komu wrote:
Robert Moskowitz wrote:

Hi,

I run hipfw 'interactively' in a terminal window.

with what options?
-Aid

And this only seems to be a problem when there are active SAs for it to kill.

I go to kill it (<cntl-C> in the terminal window), when I have no tasks running through it, but do have active SAs and the system hangs hard. The only recovery is to pull the AC and battery then reboot.

If there an explaination for this? Should I be getting the pid and doing a kill -s 15 instead?

No, interactive killing should be fine too. Did you get any message to any of the /var/log/ files?

If it happens again, I will check.